2 8 7 . 5 8 ( M 1 )
Figure 3-10.Tbe altar assembly used for the Roman Catholic field service (Mass).
PREPARING FOR A ROMAN CATHOLIC FIELD SERVICE
MASS.After the portable Lee altar has been erected for Mass, the altar
appointments found in the Roman Catholic chaplains combat kit should be
arranged in the following manner (see figure 3-10):
1. Place the chaplains kit in a convenient place and open it.
2. Remove the following items from the linen package: one purificator,
one corporal, one finger towel, one pall, and one amice. Set these items on
3. Center the corporal to the rear edge of the altar so that the embroi-
dered cross is toward the rear.
4. Remove the chalice from the chaplains kit and center it upon the
corporal with the cross facing toward the rear.
5. Lay the purificator across the chalice mouth and push it down into
the center of the cup.
6. Remove the paten from the chaplains kit and place it on top of the
chalice and purificator.
7. Remove the altar bread container from the chaplains kit, extract one
large host, and place the host upon the paten.