Host wafers, large and small
Vestment set (alb/chasuble/stole)
Altar cloth (3)
Finger towel (3)
Manual of prayers
NOTE: The host wafers, oil stock small, stole,
ritual book, manual of prayers, and vademecum will
be furnished by the individual chaplain but may be
stored in the combat kit.
PREPARING FOR A ROMAN CATHOLIC
FIELD SERVICE. After the portable Lee altar has
been erected, the altar appointments found in the RC
combat kit should be arranged in the manner shown
in figure 6-11. Take the following steps:
1. Place the kit in a convenient place and open
2. Remove the following items from the linen
package: a purificator, corporal, finger towel,
pall, and amice. Set these items on the table.
3. Center the corporal to the rear edge of the
altar so that the embroidered cross is toward
4. Remove the chalice and center it on the
corporal. The cross on the base of the chalice
should be facing toward the rear.
5. Lay the purificator across the chalice mouth
and push it down into the center of the cup.
6. Remove the paten from the kit and place it
on top of the chalice and purificator.
7. Take the altar bread container, remove one
large host, and place the host upon the
8. Place the pall over the paten and the host.
9. Remove the candleholders and candles and
place one on each front corner of the altar.
10. Remove the crucifix and place it at the front
center of the altar with the corpus facing
Figure 6-11.Altar assembly used for the Roman Catholic field service.