Candleholders (2) with candles
Flame protectors (2)
Host box and host tube
Heat wafers, large and small
Bible or prayer book
Altar cloths (3)
Some of these items are shown in figure 6-9. The
host wafers and the Bible or prayer book are
furnished by the individual chaplain but may be
placed inside the kit.
PREPARING FOR A PROTESTANT FIELD
SERVICE. The first step is to erect the portable
Lee altar. You should then take the following steps:
1. Place the chaplains kit in a convenient place
and open it.
2. Remove the Bible stand and place it in the
center of the altar.
3. Remove the plastic linen package and lay it
to one side.
4. Remove the cross and center it to the rear of
5. Remove the candleholders containing the
candles and place them at the rear corners of
6. Remove the chaplains stole if the chaplain
intends to use it.
7. Extract the linen package and move the
chaplains kit to a location where it will not
be in the way during the service.
Figure 6-9.Protestant Chaplains Combat Kit, Type II: A. Closed position; B. Open position.