2. Remove the Bible stand from the kit and place it in the center of the
3. Remove the plastic linen package and lay it to one side.
4. Remove the cross from the kit and center it at the rear of the altar.
5. Remove the candleholders containing candles, and place them at the
rear corners of the altar.
6. Remove the chaplains stole if it is to be used by the chaplain.
7. Extract the linen package and move the chaplains kit to a location
where it will not be in the way during the service.
PROTESTANT VESTMENTS.The following items may be required
order to lay out Protestant vestments for divine services.
Protestant Vestments (see figure 3-14)
One (1) Surplice
One (1) Cassock
One (1) Clerics robe
One (1) Stole
One (1) Field table for displaying vestments
To begin, you should:
Hang the cassock on a hook so that it is convenient for the chaplain
and so that it does not drag on the floor.
Hang the clerics robe on a hook in such a fashion that it is convenient
for the chaplain and not dragging on the floor.
Lay the surplice neatly on the field table with the back folded up so as
to allow the chaplain easy access.
Lay the stole on the field table in such a manner as to be convenient
for the chaplain.
NOTE: The items listed here may vary according to the preference of the
individual chaplain concerned. Consult with the chaplain to determine if
there is to be any changes to the basic instructions above. You may refer to
figure 3-45 which also illustrates the vestments which Protestant chaplains
may utilize for their services.
Jewish Chaplains Field Kit
The Jewish chaplains field kit was designed for use by the Jewish
chaplain in conducting Jewish religious services under noncombat field