4. All materials are arranged systematically
in the appropriate section of the library accord-
ing to the librarys policy.
1. When a reader wants a book that is
already on loan to someone else, find the book
card in the circulation file and put a paper clip
on the top to indicate that the book has been
2. On a book reserve card, enter the author,
title, and call number of the book; the name,
address, and phone number of the requester;
and the date. Also, enter the date by which the
reader needs the book, if applicable.
3. Place the reserve card in the reserve file at
the front of the circulation file.
4. When the book is returned and properly
checked in, notify the requester that he may now
have the book, write the date of notification on
the card, insert the reserve card in the book, and
put the book on the reserve shelf,
1. To borrow a book from another library,
on an interlibrary loan, prepare an interlibrary
loan request form.
2. On the request form, enter the author
and title of the book; the name, address, and
telephone number of the requester; and the date.
Enter also the date by which the reader needs the
book, if applicable.
3. Follow instructions on the forms. Send
an interlibrary loan request to a Navy library
which is likely to hold the book that is needed.
4. File copies of the interlibrary loan
request in a separate file.
5. When the book is received from the
loaning library, note any restrictions, charges,
etc., placed by the loaning library.
6. Notify the requester that the book is
available. Inform requester as to any restric-
tions, costs, and date due.
7. Place a book card with the author, the
title of the book, and information as to its
source and borrower in the appropriate date
due section of the circulating file.
8. When the book is returned by the
borrower, clear the circulation file and the
interlibrary loan request file, Check the book for
damage. Return the book to the loaning library
with the appropriate copy of the interlibrary
9. If books are not received after receipt of
notice that the loaning library has sent them,
take necessary followup informative action.
10. If books are received, but then lost or
damaged aboard ship, take action to collect
funds and to reimburse the loaning library.